Chosen to Bear Fruit
Episode 7 | May 4, 2021
“The Master Gardener is perfect in His work. He is perfect in His pruning. He never makes a mistake; There is nothing that He is going to go after in your life that will not result in even more fruit.”
Is living from a place of rest truly possible? How do we faithfully walk through seasons of pruning and discipline? What does it take to bear healthy fruit? The vibrant imagery used throughout Jesus’s teaching in John 15:1-5 powerfully depicts how, as Christ-followers, our lives are meant to matter.
Join Kelly as she walks through the 7th I AM statement of Jesus, “I Am the True Vine.” Your life was meant to matter. You’re called to bear much fruit—fruit that will impact generations.
John 15:1-5, 16
1 John 2:19
- We Bear Fruit when we’re attached to the True Vine
Vine + Branch = Fruit
- We bear more fruit when we’re surrendered to the Vinedresser
Vine + Branch + Pruning = More Fruit
- We bear much fruit when we abide in Christ
Vine + Branch + Pruning + Abiding = Much Fruit
We remain in Christ when we remain in Christ’s teaching (2 Jn 9); love one another (1 Jn 2:10); keep ourselves from willful sin (1 Jn 3:9); take care of the poor (1 Jn 3:17), confess that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior (1 Jn 4:14-15); believe God is love (1 Jn 4:16); obey God’s commands (Jn 4:16).
- To go deeper into topics similar to today’s you can check out Kelly’s Bible study No Other Gods: The Unrivaled Pursuit Of Christ.
- Andrew Murray quote from his book, The True Vine.
- Receive a free 21-day devotional called The Blessed Life when you sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com. Limited time.
- Subscribe to the Cultivate Podcast on AccessMore so you never miss an episode.
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Kelly works closely with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova. You can check out their work here.
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs.