Chicken Puff Pastry Recipe
This is another one of my favorites of Regina’s. Your guests will love you for serving this meal because it’s another way to serve chicken, which is hard to do these days. Also,
it makes for a beautiful presentation. This is a creamy and comforting take on chicken, which lends itself to being as fancy a dish or as simple as you’d like. Feel free to sprinkle the rolls with poppy seed or sesame seeds if you’re feeling creative!
Chicken Puff Pastry
Prep Time: 45 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 6-8
2 puff pastry sheets (Pepperidge farm) ½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 (10 ounce each) frozen spinach 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned
packages, thawed and drained and shredded
1 (12 ounce) package cream 2 cups Cheddar cheese, room
½ teaspoon onion powder salt and pepper, to taste
2 egg yolks, for brushing
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, spinach, spices, and cheeses.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each puff pastry sheet into a rectangle, approximately 11 x 13 inches. Divide the chicken and spinach mixture between the two sheets and layer each half. Brush the edges of the puff pastry sheets with egg yolks.
4. Roll so the filling is fully enclosed. Fold the ends and put on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper, seam side down. Brush the top of each with egg yolk.
5. Here’s where you can be creative. Cut out shapes from the excess puff pastry and place them on top of the roll, brushing with the egg yolk to ensure that they stick.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe appears in Kelly’s Cookbook titled A Place At The Table on page 220.