Standing Up for the Powerless
Episode 18 | July 20, 2021
It’s easy to get distracted from what God has called us to do especially in the culture we live in. And it’s tempting to rely on our own strength to accomplish a God-sized task even though we may be burning it at both ends. And how discouraging it can be when conflict isn’t coming from the outside but from within. Nehemiah faced similar struggles and gives us a compelling picture of how to walk through them with God as our strength.
We have a great passage ahead of us today! We’ll see how Nehemiah took an active approach to deal with injustice. How He was taken with what God had given him to do overtaking his place at a fancy table. And how he refused to allow distractions to pull him away from the work God had entrusted to him. You do not want to miss this episode as we continue through the book of Nehemiah! There’s a seat waiting for you at my dining room table.
- Nehemiah 5:1-5
- Nehemiah 5:9
- Nehemiah 5:14-18
- Philippians 2
- 2 Corinthians 8:9
- 2 Timothy 2:4
- Nehemiah 6:1-4
- Nehemiah 6:15-16
- If God’s people aren’t helping the powerless we’re missing an essential part of the work Jesus has called us to.
- Nehemiah took greater joy in accomplishing the assignment God had given him than he took in the luxuries of being governor.
- Don’t let anything pull you away from the work God has given you to do.
- God’s work will be accomplished by God’s strength.
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- Sign up for Kelly’s second annual ONLINE Summer Bible Study at KellyMinter.com/FindingGodFaithful
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com.
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies.