How To Find Change When You’re Stuck
Episode 20 | August 3, 2021
What do you do when you’re stuck? Or when you’re in bondage to something you don’t know how to get free from? We’ve all been there at different times. I certainly have been. That’s why I’m especially encouraged by Nehemiah 9 because it gives us specific detail about how the Israelites moved from being stuck to being changed.
They worshipped, remembered, confessed, and ultimately this led to much-desired change. This pattern will look different in each of our lives but the principles hold true. Because we have been set free by Jesus Christ, we are given the power to walk in that freedom. No matter how stuck you are, change is possible because of Him. I hope you’ll join me as we look at how the Israelites participated with God and went from a place of bondage to one of freedom—how much more does Jesus want to lead us to change today?
Nehemiah 9:31-33, 36-37, 38
Summary of Nehemiah 10
Worship, Remember, Confess, Change
- Worship establishes a right view of God, ourselves, and our world. It aligns us for living.
- Biblical remembrance helps us believe what is true about God and what is true about bondage.
- Confession helps us get from where we are to where God wants us to be.
- True confession leads to visible change.
How Do We Cultivate This In Our Lives?
- Take time to worship. Pray some Psalms to the Lord, or a passage like Colossians 1:15-20 about Jesus. Sing songs to Him.
- Remember who He is and what He’s done. Slowly reading over Nehemiah 9 is a great place to start. Journal what you remember.
- Confess. If you’re dealing with sin in your life, confess it.
- Make a change. Ask for accountability but pre-decide ways you can walk in accordance with what God is asking.
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies.
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com.