Encountering God: The Spiritual Discipline of Prayer
Episode 31 | October 19, 2021
Prayer is one of the most needed practices in our lives, but how often do we get distracted when we pray, or give up hope when we don’t feel like God is answering? We have so many questions about prayer—does God really hear us, is He good, and how do we know if we’re praying God’s will? Also, how do we pray when we’re absolutely heartbroken?
Dr. Knut Heim and I touch on these important questions in this week’s podcast. Dr. Heim is one of my seminary professors at Denver Seminary and, oh my goodness, does he bring an absolute word for us this week! If you’re discouraged, wondering if God hears your prayers, or trying to figure out how to make prayer part of your daily rhythm, do not miss this episode!!!!
To pre-order Kelly’s new Bible study, visit lifeway.com/encounteringgod and use the code: CULTIVATE at checkout for 30% off.
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- Get 30% off Encountering God if you pre-order it before Nov 1, 2021. Use code CULTIVATE at checkout.
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies.
- Click here for Dr. Heim’s resources and article on Poetry
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs.
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova.
- Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen.