Encountering God: The Spiritual Discipline of Sabbath Rest
Episode 33 | November 2, 2021
Who is ready for the one and only Kristi McLelland? Today we’re talking sabbath rest, and few know this discipline like Kristi. She’s a biblical culturalist who studies the Scriptures through a middle eastern perspective. In this episode, she uncovers beautiful truths about how the Jewish people practiced the Sabbath, how we’re to practice it today, and how when we choose rest it’s an active way of choosing Christ.
While we live in a world of busyness and rush, setting aside time to rest is a way of renewing our souls, telling the Lord we trust Him to handle all of life’s worries, and celebrating our redemption in Christ! Who doesn’t want more of this? If you’re tired, worn down, and living without margin, this is an episode that will be so encouraging for your soul.
To pre-order Kelly’s new Bible study, visit lifeway.com/encounteringgod and use the code CULTIVATE at checkout.
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- Get 30% off Encountering God if you pre-order it before Nov 1, 2021. Use code CULTIVATE at checkout
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies
- Visit Kristi McLelland’s website here
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova
- Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen