Encountering God: The Spiritual Discipline of Simplicity
Episode 34 | November 9, 2021
We often think of the spiritual discipline of simplicity as a life of lack or being in constant want. But, actually, living simply is about living freely. It’s about greater availability to Jesus. And when we’re available to Him, when we’re not weighed down by all of our stuff, we’re free to live the greatest adventure of our lives. There is positively nothing on earth like following Christ.
I can’t wait for you to meet my friend Sarah Rodrigues, one of my dearest friends and a co-worker with Justice & Mercy International. She lives in the Amazon and serves the people of the river, many of whom live very simple lives. And, yet, their joy is boundless. She’ll be walking us through Jesus’ miracle of multiplying the loaves and fishes, reminding us that when we offer Jesus the little we have, this is when He often does His greatest miracles.
Sign up here for the Encountering God Online Bible study, starting January 13, 2022.
To order the Encountering God Bible study, click here.
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- Sign up here for the Encountering God Online Bible study, starting January 13, 2022.
- To order the Encountering God Bible study, click here.
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies
- Watch the video of “The Fish Story” Sarah talks about here
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova
- Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen