Encountering God: The Spiritual Discipline of Service
Episode 35 | November 16, 2021
This week we’re looking at the spiritual discipline of service. Serving others and looking outside of ourselves is just good medicine. But if you’re anything like me, when you’re tired, discouraged, or feeling hopeless, the last thing you want to do is think about how you can help others. We want to turn inward, not outward. But Jesus constantly modeled giving His life away for others and He never lacked joy, peace, or contentment.
I couldn’t be more excited to have my pastor and friend, Jeff Simmons, on the podcast today. He is one of the most servant-hearted people I know. We’ll be unpacking Matthew 20:20-28 where Jesus talks about what it means to be great in His kingdom—and, no surprises, it has to do with being a servant. Jeff and I will share from the heart and give practical examples of what it looks like to serve others in our modern, busy world. This episode is a breath of fresh air you don’t want to miss.
To pre-order Kelly’s new Bible study, visit lifeway.com/encounteringgod and use the code CULTIVATE at checkout.
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- Get 30% off Encountering God if you pre-order it before Nov 1, 2021. Use code CULTIVATE at checkout
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova
- Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen