Episode 43: Sermon on the Mount: Salt and Light
Episode 43 | January 11 , 2022
We’re diving into the images of salt and light that Jesus uses in this section of the Sermon on the Mount. Both of these are elements we all use every day, but by looking at the historical and contextual implications of these metaphors, we can get a better idea of what Jesus meant when He called us to be these agents of impact.
Salt is a preservative that slows down decay. Salt is on the defense while light is on the offense, dispelling darkness from areas wherever it’s present. How does this apply to us? Why does Jesus call us to live like this? Join me as we talk about these metaphors and other Scriptures that remain timeless and applicable today!
Looking for a new ONLINE Bible Study? Sign up here for the Encountering God Online Bible study, starting January 13, 2022.
To order the Encountering God Bible study, click here.
- Matthew 5: 13-16
- Matthew 5: 17-20
- Matthew 5: 21-44
- Ezekiel 36: 26-27
- Jeremiah 31:31-33
How do we Cultivate this in our Lives?
- Reach Matthew Chapter 5: 13-48, dwell on Christ’s calling to whole person righteousness.
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- Looking for a Bible study in the New Year? Sign up here for the Encountering God Online Bible study, starting January 13, 2022.
- To order the Encountering God Bible study, click here.
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova
Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen