Episode 44: Sermon on the Mount: Worry, Anxiety, and Considering the Birds
Episode 44 | January 18, 2022
Perhaps more than ever we’re living in a day of worry and anxiety. But this isn’t new. Over 2,000 years ago Jesus stood on the edge of the Sea of Galilee and addressed our tendency to let anxiety overtake us. We’re continuing to move through Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount where we’ll find real help for our anxious souls.
Want a sneak peek at what’s in store? When we treasure the wrong things our hearts become anxious. But when our hearts value eternal things—our relationship with God and others—our treasures are secure. One of my favorite parts of Jesus’ sermon is when He tells us to look at the birds and flowers to see how He cares for them. How much more He cares for us! We’re unpacking all of this and more. I hope you’ll join me for some soul rest in this episode.
Looking for a new ONLINE Bible Study? Sign up here for the Encountering God Online Bible study, starting January 13, 2022. Registration is open through March 1!
To order the Encountering God Bible study, click here.
- Matthew 6:19-34 CSB
How do we Cultivate this in our Lives?
- Read Matthew 6:19-34 and journal your anxieties. Find some time to step outside and ask yourself, aren’t I worth more to God than the birds and the flowers in the fields? And I’m worth more, how much more will He take care of me?
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- Looking for a Bible study in the New Year? Sign up here for the Encountering God Online Bible study, starting January 13, 2022 (registration open through March 1).
- To order the Encountering God Bible study, click here.
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova
Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen