Episode 45: Sermon on the Mount: Overcoming Obstacles to Prayer
Episode 45 | January 25, 2022
Today we’re looking at prayer in Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. So often we wonder if prayer works, if God really cares, or why even pray if God already knows what we need? Sometimes we even question whether the God we pray to is good.
I’m excited for this episode because Jesus’ teaching addresses so many of our questions. And where our questions remain unanswered He goes out of His way to reveal the good heart of God toward us. I’m looking forward to wrapping up our short 4-part series out of Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount with you. I hope it will encourage you in your prayer life.
Looking for a new ONLINE Bible Study? Sign up here for the Encountering God Online Bible study. Registration is open from Jan 13 through March 1!
To order the Encountering God Bible study, click here
- Matthew 6:5-8, 7:7-11
- Matthew 26:39
How do we Cultivate this in our Lives?
- Reflect on Jesus’ teachings in the above passages.
- Consider the four characteristics we studied about God’s nature when it comes to prayer: 1. Our God is personal 2. Our God is all-knowing 3. Our God is responsive 4. Our God is good.
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- Looking for a Bible study in the New Year? Sign up here for the Encountering God Online Bible study, starting January 13, 2022 (registration open through March 1).
- To order the Encountering God Bible study, click here.
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova
Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen