Created For A Life Of Goodness
Episode 47 | October 4, 2022
We’re looking at a life of goodness in today’s Cultivate podcast. If you already feel disqualified or like you’ve totally missed that “good” mark, you’re exactly who I hope will join me. Scripture is really interesting on the topic of goodness. In Romans, Paul quotes the Old Testament by saying that no one is good, not even one. Yet, he’s also the one who teaches us that we’re to display the fruit of goodness and that we’re created for good works. So which is it?
In today’s episode we’re going to find out that it’s both. While we’re not saved by our good works, we’re definitely saved for good works. And the very grace that saves us is the same grace that fuels a life of goodness that doesn’t always come naturally to us. You were created for good works, and not only that, God prepared certain good works for you to do! I’m so excited about this episode as we dive into Ephesians 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:1-5, and Ephesians 2:8-10. My prayer is that you’ll find freedom from guilt and discouragement and lean into God’s grace for the all the good He has in store for you.
If you’d like to go deeper into Bible study, check out Kelly’s brand new study releasing Nov 1, 2022, on the book of Ruth called Ruth: Loss, Love & Legacy.
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- Looking to go deeper? Order the Encountering God Bible here
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova
Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen.