When God Wants To Do More Than You Hope For
Episode 51 | February 7, 2023
In today’s episode, we’re looking at the story of a woman in Luke 8 who was healed of a physical illness. But Jesus did more than heal her physically. We’ll leave the details for the podcast, but Jesus stopped (in the middle of a pressing situation) and gave this woman more than she even knew to hope for. Jesus loved her too much to let her settle for mere physical healing. He wanted to take away her shame.
Sometimes we ask Jesus for too little. Sometimes we come to Him for one thing but what we really need is something totally different. I hope today’s episode will encourage you to let Him have His way in your life. He knows what you need.
- God’s grace is not bound by time or location.
- God’s grace can handle your whole truth.
- God’s grace does more than we think we need.
- The enemy comes to shame; Jesus comes to restore.
1 John 1:9
How Do We Cultivate This in Our Lives?
Take some time to reflect on these questions after you read the passage and listen to the podcast:
- Are your expectations of God too low?
- Does Jesus want to do more in your life than you want Him to?
- Are you resisting Him?
- Have you allowed Him to tend to all of you (your whole truth?)
Kelly’s first devotional book releases today, February 7th! The Blessed Life is for anyone willing to take a thoughtful, 90-day journey through the mind, heart, and work of Jesus. Check it out here.
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- In this episode, Kelly reads Day 81, “Taking Away Our Shame,” from her brand new book, The Blessed Life: A 90-Day Devotional Through the Teachings and Miracles of Jesus. Order yours here.
- Dive into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible studies. Ruth: Love, Loss and Legacy is her newest, and Encountering God is about spiritual disciplines–a great resource for creating spiritual habits.
- Join Kelly on the Serve + Study Women’s Amazon Trip this June.
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at KellyMinter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova
Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen.