When Healing is Disruptive
Episode 54 | May 2, 2023
Today we’re looking at the liberating healing of Jesus, and how that healing can sometimes be disruptive. Be encouraged, if the healing Jesus is bringing you is uncomfortable or even painful, you’re on the right path. If we’re honest, we often want the healing touch of Christ, but we want it on our terms. In this episode, we’ll confront the ways our unhealthy habits keep us from the good work He wants to do in our lives.
Are we willing to abandon our own plans and comforts so that He can fully lead and have authority in our lives? Will we offer up all areas of our lives so that He can most experience His abundant life? We’re going to challenge ourselves to answer these difficult questions and find true freedom in giving it all over to Jesus, the One who is worth our all. I hope this episode will encourage you to surrender more fully to Him.
- We want to be better, but often we want to be better on our own terms.
- Our unhealthy habits are sometimes more comfortable than the healing Jesus wants to bring us.
- The healing Jesus brings is worth whatever loss, disruption or discomfort it may cause you.
Quote Kelly Mentions
“If we have to choose between a life we know, even a life possessed by demons and ruled by death, and a life of uncertainty to which Jesus calls us, a life that may well expose us to dangers in Jesus’s name, we too may ask Jesus to leave our neighborhood.” Stanley Hauerwas
How Do We Cultivate This in Our Lives?
Take some time to reflect on these questions after you read the passage and listen to the podcast:
- Are you willing to fully surrender your comforts and desires so that Jesus can have His way in your life?
- What are you holding back from the Lord? What are you holding onto that you need to lay down?
- What are you not picking up because you’re too full of your own agenda?
- If the Lord has healed and liberated you, are you telling others what Jesus has done for you
More from Kelly
Ruth Online Bible Study Opens May 11!
Want to dig deeper into God’s word? Kelly’s online Bible study of the book of Ruth launches on May 11! Dive in to this study of God’s redemption, faithfulness and blessing. Sign up here!
Want More from Kelly?
Sign up for Kelly’s monthly newsletter, featuring a devotional, podcast details, where she’ll speak next, and more!
Check Out Kelly's New Devotional
In “The Blessed Life,” take this 90-day journey through the heart, mind and work of Jesus. On sale through June 2!
Join the Mission
Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova.
Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs
Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen.