The Blessings Of Friendship With Jesus
Episode 8 | May 11, 2021
“A life of being in Christ is a life where you are never alone”
Has friendship with Jesus felt like a distant, almost-impossible relationship—especially when you can’t see, touch, or hear Him? Today Kelly is walking through John 15:9-17 where we’ll study a fascinating conversation Jesus had with His disciples. Jesus called His followers friends and He did so right before He left them. This isn’t the timing you would expect. But we’ll find that even in Jesus’s physical absence, He intended His disciples to continue experiencing the blessings of being in a real, vibrant relationship with Himself. And He offers us the same.
Today we’ll look at the blessings that come from a rich friendship with Christ—love, joy, never being alone, answered prayer, and a life that matters. Also, we’ll discover what it means to dwell in the blessings of His love.
- To go deeper into topics similar to today’s you can check out Kelly’s Bible study No Other Gods: The Unrivaled Pursuit Of Christ.
- Andrew Murray quote from his book, The True Vine.
- D.A. Carson quote: The Gospel According To John.
- Tim Keller Twitter quote.
- Sausage and Butternut Squash Risotto recipe can be found here.
- Receive a free 21-day devotional called The Blessed Life when you sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com. Limited time.
- Subscribe to the Cultivate Podcast on AccessMore so you never miss an episode.
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Kelly works closely with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova. You can check out their work here.
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs.