Putting on the Character of Christ
Compassion and Goodness
Episode 23 | August 24, 2021
We’re hitting the ground with the first two characteristics of Christ that Paul tells us to literally put on; Compassion and goodness (sometimes translated as kindness). Can you imagine how different our relationships might look if these were the first two qualities people met in us? We’ll take a look at what each word means in its original language and how it applies to our lives today. We’re about to get super practical.
This series will impact our relationships, everyone from family members, friends, co-workers, people we love, even those who have hurt us. We’ll be working our way through Colossians 3:12-15 where Paul talks about putting on compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, along with forgiveness, love, gratitude, and peace. Also, for our Cultivate listeners, we have a special offer of 25% off Kelly’s book The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ if you’d like to go deeper. Click here to get your copy and use the CODE: Cultivatethevirtues
1 Corinthians 1:3-4
2 Samuel 9:1-8
How do we Cultivate this in our lives?
- Take some time to reflect on the compassion of Christ in 2 Cor. 1:3-4 and Matt. 9:36.
- Reflect on the kindness (goodness in action) of Christ in Titus 3:3-5 and David’s kindness in 2 Samuel 9.
- How can you specifically show compassion to someone? This may mean sitting with them in their pain. How can you show tangible goodness in action?
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ (Use the CODE: Cultivatethevirtues for 25% off this book.)
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs.
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies.
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova.
- Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen.