Putting on the Character of Christ
Humility and Meekness
Episode 24 | August 31, 2021
Humility and meekness can be two of the most challenging virtues to display but they are two of the most impacting. If you struggle with humility, we’ll see how what we’re grasping on to is often what’s keeping us from a humble posture. And if you’ve ever mistaken meekness for weakness, it’s anything but. Meekness is power under control. It takes a great deal of strength to exhibit this particular virtue which is why it’s one of my favorites on Paul’s list.
This series will impact our relationships, everyone from family members, friends, co-workers, people we love, even those who have hurt us. We’ll be working our way through Colossians 3:12-15 where Paul talks about putting on compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, along with forgiveness, love, gratitude, and peace. Also, for our Cultivate listeners, Kelly’s book The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ is 25% off if you’d like to go deeper. Click here to grab your copy and use the CODE: Cultivatethevirtues
1 Peter 3:3-4
1 Peter 5:5
2 Timothy 2:24-25
1 Peter 3:15
How do we Cultivate this in our lives?
- In what environment is it most difficult for you to be humble? In this environment, what are you grasping onto? (Phil 2:6). How can you exalt others?
- When it comes to meekness, is your strength/power under the control of the Spirit? Have you worked through your own repentance? Are you about the other person’s good or are you only thinking about being right?
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ (Use the CODE: Cultivatethevirtues for 25% off this book.)
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs.
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies.
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova.
- Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen.