Putting on the Character of Christ
Patience and Forgiveness
Episode 25 | September 7, 2021
Patience can be such a difficult virtue because it usually costs us something, whether it be time, efficiency, or productivity. It means slowing down and forgoing something we want in the moment for the sake of someone else. And we all know forgiveness can be one of the most difficult responses especially when we’ve been deeply hurt or have lost something dear to us.
We’ll be reminded that we show patience and offer forgiveness because this is what Christ has shown us. We’re in for a meaningful episode as we talk about these two interconnected displays of Christ-likeness. And for Cultivate listeners, we’re offering 25% off Kelly’s book The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ if you’d like to go deeper. Click here to get your copy and use the CODE: Cultivatethevirtues
1 Tim 1:15-16
2 Peter 3:9
2 Cor. 5:10-11
I Peter 3:19
How do we Cultivate this in our lives?
- Have you considered and reflected on the patience and forgiveness Christ has shown you?
- Are you still trying to get even or are you willing to entrust yourself—and the person who hurt you—to the Lord. Release the other person and situation to God.
- Have you embraced God’s perspective?
- What side of the semicolon are you living on?
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ (Use the CODE: Cultivatethevirtues for 25% off this book.)
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs.
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies.
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova.
- Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen.