Putting on the Character of Christ
Love, Peace, and Gratitude
Episode 26 | September 14, 2021
We’re tying up our series on the character of Christ with three crowning virtues: Love, peace, and gratitude. We’ll see that without love all the other virtues fall apart—love is what holds them all together. Peace is more than just a settled internal state of being. Paul longs for us to live in peace with one another because it’s part of what we’ve been called to. And, lastly, he reminds us to be thankful. A heart overflowing with thankfulness will naturally be a spring from which the virtues of Christ flow.
I hope you’ve loved this series. If you’d like to go deeper we’re offering 25% off Kelly’s book The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ for our Cultivate listeners. Click here to get your copy and use the CODE: Cultivatethevirtues
1 John 4:7-11
I Thes 5:16-18
How do we Cultivate this in our lives?
- If we’re motivated to show the virtues so we can be known for our virtuous character, earn favor with God, or be better at managing our behavior, we’ve missed it. All of the virtues are bound together in love.
- Have you thought of peace only as an inward, personal disposition? Or are you thinking of the broader community of believers—how you can play a part in helping peace be the umpire of our relationships?
- Are you a thankful person? Be intentional about what you can thank God for, and also thank others for the ways they’ve contributed to your life.
Stuff We Think You’ll Like
- The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ (Use the CODE: Cultivatethevirtues for 25% off this book.)
- Opening Music to the Cultivate Podcast is Time For Singing from her project Hymns & Hallelujahs.
- Dive deeper into The Word with one of Kelly’s many Bible Studies.
- Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Kelly’s work with Justice & Mercy International in the Amazon and in Moldova.
- Help get the word out about the Cultivate Podcast. Click here to leave a review wherever you listen.