Putting on the Character of Christ
Episode 6 | April 27, 2021
We’re breaking down the practical virtues of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience in today’s episode. Kelly shares transparently about her own failings and how impossible these virtues are when we rely on our own strength. Kelly also points out Paul’s secret to the virtues—you’re dearly loved, chosen, and set apart because of Christ.
So often we have this turned around—thinking that if we can do a better job of displaying the character of Christ then God will accept us, choose us, and love us more. How freeing it is to see what Paul actually writes in Colossians 3:12: Because you are chosen, holy, and dearly loved, you get to wear the virtues of Christ.
Scripture Focus: Colossians 3:12
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Philippians 2:3, 5-6
1 Peter 3:3-4
1 Peter 5:5
2 Timothy 2:25
1 Peter 3:15
1 Timothy 1:15
1 John 4:10
- For more on this topic, check out Kelly’s book The Fitting Room: Putting On The Character Of Christ.
- Subscribe to the Cultivate Podcast on AccessMore so you never miss an episode.
- Follow Kelly on Instagram and Facebook.
- To find out more about Kelly’s work in the Amazon jungle with Justice & Mercy International you can read one of her most personal books Wherever The River Runs: How A Forgotten People Renewed My Hope In The Gospel.
- Receive a free 21-day devotional called The Blessed Life when you sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at Kellyminter.com. Limited time.
- If you like the opening music to The Cultivate Podcast you can find it on Kelly’s record Hymns & Hallelujahs. The song is Time For Singing.